Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Bonnet


   I decided that the Spring Dress, from my last post, needed an "Easter Bonnet with all the frills upon it"!

   I found this straw hat in the section of my Christmas Tree Shops that has baskets and "silk" flowers. I think that it was meant to be hung (even though it didn't come with a way to hang it). For just $1.99, I thought is was a good buy and I could remove the decoration that was on there and add my own. I took a chance that the size was right, and it worked purfectly! It is 9 3/4" wide at the rim. I bought this a while ago, and I am just now getting around to using it!

I also bought some "silk" flowers at a dollar store, for...well...only a dollar!

   The pink trim I used was a 3/4" wide stretch trim meant for headbands. I like this because it looks "crocheted" and goes well with look of the dress, and because it is stretchy it bends nicely around the hat (a grossgrain ribbon didn't lay flat). I cut it to length and sewed the two ends together. I then attached it to the hat with a hot glue gun.

I took the flowers off of the stems, using only the pink ones. I also took a set of three leaves off.
I hot glued the flowers and leaves in place.
The finished "Easter Bonnet"!

Thanks for stopping by!

Creatively yours,
Donna


all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {4/3}



1 comment:

  1. How pretty! My daughter would love a hat like this for Felicity!

    ReplyDelete